Originally Posted by ultramarina
Oh god, Mana, that is my life with DD. It makes me want to run screaming from the house on a regular basis.

Personally, I feel like this is not really so great for kids. It may be great one day when they are adults. MANY adults strongly DISLIKE this from a child. I wish we had negotiated less when DD was small.

Oh you guys...seriously...I'm almost in tears I'm so happy to know other people's children argue with them effectively!

I try to teach the older ones how to tell from tone when an authority figure has had enough but the little one? I just have her tell people she's precocious. At lease most teacher/adult people see that as a cute/positive thing and I'm hoping that saves her because otherwise I'm going to butt heads with teachers again and I'm praying those days are behind us.

My own addition? I knew I was parenting a gifted child when she asked, "Why does the teacher get mad at me for looking out the window but won't let me read a book?" (She was finished with her in class work twenty minutes earlier than the scheduled end time.)

I don't know, sweetie, I don't know....