There has been a lot of discussion around pushing for grade skipping but less so on the actual trade offs and timelines. So here goes.

My SO and I are torn If we should look at grade skipping or not. On a pure test scores point of view it is a clear picture. Testing 3 to 5 grade levels above grade across the board on most standard indicators (WISC, WJIII, MAPS etc ). So a few questions:

1. How did you make the decision on pushing for acceleration vs just trying to create accommodation or accelerate through other means. Note while their teachers strongly discourage grade skipping they are more than happy to work on IEPs.

2. have heard that kids who grade skip in most cases end up repeating grades in senior years of school anyway since they hit a wall academically or socially. Has this been accurate in your case? If so would you repeating a senior grade a better option compared to staying with

3. In retrospect any other trade offs ?

4. Finally if we do go ahead I am assuming the best time to do so is at the beginning of the new school year. Have folks typically done that? If so when have folks started discussion on this with the school? Jan timeframe for next academic year?

Thanks.