Thank you HowlerKarma!! That is a relief to know that you were able to control the loudness. He has told me he does it because he is SO EXCITED!!! Could the hitting of other children and being rough with his younger sister also be excitement? He has told me that he doesn't mean to sometimes, I just think he really can't control it...

Oh boy can he run circles around adults in his life!! He had one of his 2 year old teachers about to rip out her hair...my husband doesn't get it, he thinks it is just us not being strict enough, which isn't true! We try everything we can, it just doesn't work...Some moments I lose my composure also, because he just flat out won't listen....he is misunderstood often, but even as a parent who just wants your kid to do as they are told sometimes it can feel like a slap in the face when they have 1000 different reasons and excuses why they cannot do that thing right now...I will definitely look into the Manipulitive child book. We need to nip this in the bud before it gets any worse. I really wish we could figure out what works for him. I think he needs highly structured days with appropriate choices all day long from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to bed...this is VERY tough on a parent to manage though. Most kids can go with the flow, he cannot....

My husband is going to be relieved to have some insight and answers into his complex little mind. Ugh we have our work cut out for us with this one!!