Originally Posted by Dude
Originally Posted by aquinas
He also had two experiences with hot foods--kebab and gnocchi--and it's been hard to override his memory of those foods. For about 8 weeks after kebabgate, DS literally asked if EVERY bite of food was cold. To get him to eat a nice pea and morel gnocchi, we had him eat each piece with a small ice cube. {face palm} DS is a child with a low tolerance for parental errors.

My younger brother was 3 or 4 when he got hold of my mom's meatloaf sandwich, which had a liberal coat of grandpa's homemade salsa. As a result, he refused to eat anything red (except for marinara sauce) well into his teenage years.

Now he eats raw peppers by the handful because he thinks we're supposed to be impressed by his manliness or something.

Stimulus generalization! It's an annoying pill to swallow as a parent. I try to use stimulus generalization to encourage trying new foods. I'm convinced gateway condiments are the way to go to encourage reluctant eaters to try new foods. For DS, the gateway condiment of choice is balsamic vinegar. All new vegetables are first introduced roasted with a balsamic glaze.

What is to give light must endure burning.