Hello MYAsian. It seems like whenever my son gets bored, he would focus on letters and numbers. He would make letters and numbers out of just about anything, pieces of paper, toys, belts, his fingers, anything. When I noticed this several months ago, I got concerned. I didn't think discouraging this completely is the answer so I taught him how to spell, add and subtract. I was surprised in how quickly he can pick up on things. He is now reading a few books, among other things. To keep him stimulated, my husband and I went to check out several schools. I was really disappointed. Our best choice is a Montessori school where he would be placed in a class with older children but even at that, academically, he is still well beyond. I am now leaning towards enrolling him in a school part time to develop his behavioral and social skills and homeschooling him the rest of the time for academics. I'm so happy to find someone who is going through the same things. This is our only child and we really don't know what is typical and what is not. I would love to hear more about you and your son.