DD9 really likes mysteries so we are currently doing a lot of Agatha Christie. (Due to 2E issues she listens to audio books. I say "we" because its mostly in the car.) Just finished "Death on the Nile" and started "Murder on the Orient Express" yesterday.

The Mrs. Pollifax series has also been a favorite.

She loved "Around the World in 80 Days" so we plan to do some more Jules Verne this summer.

She enjoys Dickens too. "A Christmas Carol" and "Great Expectations" were both favorites. She liked "Oliver Twist" but not my favorite.

Last fall I found an old book called "The Egypt Game" that she LOVED. It started a passion for learning everything possible about Ancient Egypt. That led us to Rick Riordan's "Kane Chronichles" series and then to all things Percy Jackson.

She and DH recently read "Frankenstein" which she enjoyed.

She liked "Tom Sawyer" but in a rare moved asked me to stop playing "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court." Not sure if it may have been the narrator on that one, though. We are holding off on any other Mark Twain for a while.

The "Sisters Grimm" series is fun. You have to suspend disbelief a bit to get into the story but then it really takes off.

Will add to my list as I think of more.