One way is to ask your school for updated IQ and achievement testing for helping develop educational planning and learning concerns that you have for him. Ask that a meeting be held to discus which tests will be given (at that meeting ask for a WISC or SB and then ask what achievement could be given and know which are on the Davidson list and steer the committee towards one from the list).

OR you can call a local university and ask in the Psychology department (or even the College of Education too) if they have low cost testing done by supervised grad students. I even asked for someone very familiar with gifted students (they couldn't guarantee it but by luck of the draw and having asked they did match me up with a grad student who was specifically involved with gifted research and had experience). My university had sliding scale fees and even more money off because we participated in a gifted research project (just a few extra questionnaires/scales and he did one extra thing with her).

Last edited by Cookie; 06/18/14 09:09 AM.