https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/47468.Gifted_Young_Readers

This list is not broken down by age, but I see it as a list that I want dc to go through by the age of twelve roughly. I don't really like breaking it out by age because one gifted reader may be five years beyond garde level and another may be only two. I see it as regardless of if they can read at a 12th grade level at 8 or 9, they still ought to have read all these children's classics so they relate to the great literature that is written for children. I don't care if it is way below their reading level so long as they enjoy it on an emotional level. I moderate the good reads list and I don't want stuff on there like Flat Stanley or Magic Treehouse because I don't see that as classic literature or rather literature
for gifted readers-- rather just a bridge to reading chapter books.they are great in fullfilling that need while kids are learning the confidence to read longer books, but they aren't in my opinion must read books that have higher order value to gifted children. Anyway, that list is along the same lines, just not broken out by age-- because as we all know that is so arbitrary when dealing with kids. Feel free to take the books from this list or add too it. My original intention was to post it as a link whenever people asked for book recommendations.