Originally Posted by Wesupportgifted
One trick, if you know you are staying in that school for all of your own private family reasons, then remove yourself as much as possible from the school environment (It is self-isolating, but for a good reason.), so that you do not 'pick up' every shortcoming. There probably is not one perfect place, unless you start your own school, have your own funding, get every teacher that you want who happen to all be Ph.D.s....

When you need to be heard, go ahead and be heard at your school because it will help the whole student body.

If you are always the 'odd person out,' the best think you might do is recognize your great qualities and don't worry about fitting in (my opinion). Pursue your passions, interests, etc. Everything sort of is the way it is for a reason. If you are a high sensitivity person, every rude act that you encounter, might bug you. Give yourself a break. Think longer term, bigger picture. And, then ( it sounds like a contradiction) take it a day at a time, so that you can stay in the moment.

If you are truly unsatisfied with your child's education, then you can evaluate every other possible option. Do a pros and cons matrix. Always know why the choice you have made has been made and don't second guess yourself. When the time comes around re-evaluate and trust yourself.

If your state has a gifted plan, use it once a year to address whatever your biggest concern is that year.

I would also try to plug into why other parents are so satisfied. It might be possible that they are not really monitoring the curriculum in the same way.

You are doing the right thing by being on top of it, thinking about it and weighing it seriously.

Read as much as you can about people in the field your child might go into and see how they handled their career path, especially if it is obvious now that they must have been a very gifted child way back then. That way you might be able to leverage from other persons' autobiographical info. Good Luck!

Thanks for these suggestions. All good tips. I appreciate it.