Originally Posted by Ametrine
Originally Posted by Cassmo451
Originally Posted by Ametrine
When your 7 year old cuddles his stuffed monster and baby blanket while reading John Emsley's book on the elements: Nature's Building Blocks: An A-Z Guide to the Elements

When your child gets excited by a newly discovered super-heavy element and suggests to name it after his first grade teacher.

Those are awesome! Also when your 9 year old can describe different theories explaining black wholes but can't remember to pick up her dirty clothes from the bathroom floor and put them in the hamper on the way out the bathroom door.

laugh Sounds like your DD and my DS would understand each other completely! My husband told me he came out into the kitchen the other morning wanting to discuss his curved space theory. He was supposed to be getting dressed for the day and apparently decided to change a part of his theory (number 14, on paper). He was so engrossed he came out with only his t-shirt on, sans pants and undies. He was oblivious. (rolling my eyes, and smiling) He's obsessed with this A Capella Science YouTube.

Did she see the Time Magazine on sale showcasing Einstein?

Not yet but she once told me that she felt Einstein was over-rated and that everyone LOVES Einstein. She said, "You know there are other guys, like DaVinci and Isaac Newton, that did some cool stuff. Why don't we ever hear more about them?" But I was thinking about getting it for her anyway.
But I did get her the latest copy of Astronomy that has a small article about finding new planets in other solar system, which is something that she asked me about one day. It's the one that has the "Weird Moons of the Solar System."
and I will have to look into that youtube you suggested.

Last edited by Cassmo451; 05/16/14 05:51 PM.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor