Several weeks ago, my husband and I had a meeting with the principal to discuss DD just turned 9. We discussed the fact that her Case 21(state test) did not show what the Cogat, WISC, Lexile, etc etc)did, and the principal claimed that she wanted to know why, was so interested in getting to really know our daughter, on and on. Principal claimed that she specialized in gifted kids. BTW, the Case 21 will be given again to see if our daughter can get into Single Subject Accel. She could do acceleration in both language arts and math, but the county won't allow it (the county says that if both subjects are to be accelerated, the child has to prove she is 2 years ahead. DD is way past that in L.A., just don't know that about math). The principal was going to have the Asst. Principal do Brainology with our daughter. We were to have DD take the Woodcock Johnson.
Fast forward to today. DD took the WJ on Monday; we get the results next Tues. (as a side, I thought that thing took about an hour. She was in there for 1 and 45 minutes!). The principal has done absolutely zilch. I did not email her after the meeting to list what we chatted about. I definitely will next time. I am going to inquire sweetly about the Brainology plan and the other promises. Anything else I should do?