What I do know is my older ds7 is quite a different thinker (hg- hg+). In public school, he feels different. He leaps ahead in understanding concepts. He has lots of OEs. Although we live in a good district with a respectable unvi close by and lots of professionals; it isn't working for ds7. He's an outlier. And he wants to fit in, but doesn't. These kids NEED a cohort group to interact with. Mine does. I realize high school/ college will be a different can of worms. Just trying to get him in a comfort place so he can thrive.

I am mg. dh is closer to hg. However, I have mult family member (brother, father, gm) who are all eg or more by became narcissistic and dropped from society. Those hg+ people really NEED peers. It is agonizing for them to have no one who thinks at all like they do. It's isolating.

What is disturbing is the school questioning gifted at all. Esp because he is high achieving (for now). Something is not being understood by gifted certified teachers. They have the wrong characteristics in mind.

Everyone deserves appropriate education! Whatever that means.