Originally Posted by psychland
To me an IQ of 120's is really the sweet spot. You are bright enough to do whatever you want to do in terms of work and school and you are much less likely to experience anxiety, depression etc, which is typical for HG children. You are also more likely to be well liked and get along well with peers. I certainly would not think of this group at one to be pitied:).

I envy them in many ways, actually.

Alternatively, I resent the fact that they don't have much understanding of what it means to be "way brighter" than themselves, since they enjoy their advantages over the mean so very well. Grr. "Relax! Just ENJOYYYYY it all" they say. mad They don't appreciate having it pointed out that life happens to fit them straight off the rack, and they ought to shut up when we complain about the price of tailoring these days.

Honestly, I don't see this article's thrust as being directed in ANY way shape or form to HG+ kids or their parents. Our kids are the ones that IB programs, multiple AP classes, dual enrollment, and the like are actually intended to serve well. Er-- or originally they were, anyway, before growth mindset ate the bell curve.

The problem is that parents of kids who are 110-125 THINK that they can make their kids HG by working them a little harder.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.