My kids are not gifted at sports, but they do play them. My two older ones play softball. Last year, when they were both in high school, they played for school and on a travel team (well, different travel teams in different organizations, which just makes schedules tough).

In the late spring, when both are going on, they would have HS practice and/or games 2 hours a day, M-F. Travel would be 1 or 2 practices a week, 2 hours each. Travel involves tournaments on the weekends, which means a minimum of 4 games. It is an all day Saturday thing, then hopefully all day Sunday (single elimination, keep winning and keep playing).

So in late spring, they probably practice anywhere from 10-15 hours a week, and play 5-8 games per week.

Winter is easier, usually just 3 or 4 practices (indoors) a week. And maybe a one hour batting lesson.

I will also say that this is a minimum for the sport. Some kids devote a lot more time to it.

Middle kid also plays volleyball. I'm not going to count those hours too because she no longer plays club, just HS.