Originally Posted by cee
... the school doing right by their students... If I write an article, I feel l am doing their job. Their is a music chairperson for the district. Shouldn't she be doing a write-up?... I guess I'm disappointed in the school, and don't know if I should speak to someone, and who, or just keep quiet and accept it.
You may wish to learn school norms. If you speak to someone, you may wish to approach them in a way which may be seen as helpful within the local norms. A sense of moving forward, having things in perspective, positivity, and facts are often helpful. While in general there is good and bad in everything, a focus on negativity and disappointment may be seen as smacking the oobleck with a spoon and creating an unyielding solid... it works against advocacy.

Many families begin creating a "resume" or portfolio of their children's accomplishments, achievements, and extracurricular activities which may be fun to look back on and may also prove useful when writing essays, applying to other extracurricular programs, etc. Keeping a personal record of achievements can be a highly rewarding activity for a child.