I have talked to my son about the intrinsic pride and sense of achievement that one feels for accomplishments. How proud I am, and how his own pride is what matters also.

The reason he brought up the concert from 2 months back is because just last weekend, he performed in that other regional county concert, and once again, the school didn't mention it or congratulate him. Which made him remember how he felt after the first concert.

The school emphasizes sports mostly.

It is supposed to be an honor to represent your district in these orchestras. They are subgroups of NY association, followed by eastern states association. The paperwork and letters that the family receives say so. Then when your own school doesn't seem to really care, I don't blame my son for feeling how he does.

I am not trying to coddle him, and I know this is a balancing act between learning there aren't always external rewards, but also, the school doing right by their students.

If I write an article, I feel l am doing their job. Their is a music chairperson for the district. Shouldn't she be doing a write-up?

My son doesn't act out, and I am glad he expresses his feelings to me. I guess I'm disappointed in the school, and don't know if I should speak to someone, and who, or just keep quiet and accept it.