I agree with Chris re: what "school" has taught my DD.

I'll add

3. When you hold the position of authority, you can define "honor" as whatever you like. Let the the little ants complain if they like, because you don't have to care.

Recently we have also learned that (much to MY amazement) even kids that I'd have thought were "highly ethical" are pretty much...

um...

well, let's just say that some kids' grades don't mean what MY daughter's grades do, and leave it at that. She is earning hers by writing all of her own papers, studying for and taking assessments in closed-book, proctored conditions, etc. Little did I realize that we're considered crazy for doing things this way when the school itself demonstrates a lack of accountability or ethics towards its students on a regular basis. Most other parents apparently feel that the behavior justifies pretty much "whatever means necessary."

Given the shenanigans this year with some of my DD's classes (and the lack of instruction in them) I'm starting to see their point.

The school also care a LOT more about window dressing than they actually do about cheating or authentically ethical practices on either side. That's also apparent.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.