I have been thinking about Snowden and watched C-Span last night for a while. The definition of treason was being discussed.

Whenever I think about ethics, I think about Wall Street and all of the stories I hear about ethics or lack thereof. I get the impression that recruiters like athletes for Wall Street and for big sales jobs. So far, from a career perspective I have avoided Wall Street so I can't speak to the culture first hand.

Because verbally gifted people converse so much. I find them always talking about ethics, but I am not sure how to get that to trickle down or ripple across to everyone else. I am not sure if non-gifted people care.

I find that our district public school constantly shows less than the highest standards, but I have no idea how to get them to see it. I can't give specifics because I am certain there would be consequences to our still young gifted student.

I do believe that Snowden was a highly intelligent fellow. I don't remember him having a specific profession though that required and taught a strong ethics code. I am sure that the NSA hopes to never hire anyone like Snowden again, but how to achieve that kind of certainty is interesting.

Maybe all professions need to define and teach a set of ethics, including the education field.

You don't have to state how you feel about Snowden. I am just wondering if parents think that ethics are addressed at public schools (I think most other schools have honor codes, for example.). Do we need to make ethics more of an actual subject in public schools so that it can hopefully carry over into worklife and even personal life in general? Are ethics always fact specific and even totally relative to an individual? What should our code of ethics for public schools be?