We didn't move, but we transferred our son to a school that is 50 miles from our house. We have been commuting for 3+ years. We will be moving nearer to several schools, but we're not picking a house based on DS's school -- we are picking a house that is centrally located by several decent school options, just in case we need to move schools. By the time our DS was 7, he had been in 3 different schools. I would suggest that moving before you know how your child will be in school may not be the best idea. I agree with your DH on this one. smile

ETA: Of course, every family needs to do what fits best for them. This worked for us since my job is near DS's school. But if you have a kid really outside of the norm, I would take more of a wait-and-see approach when it comes to school. It is really hard to predict what type of learner your kiddo may be a year down the line, especially in the first years of school. Your best bet is to find a very flexible school that is willing to make adjustments if necessary, such as compacting curriculum, subject acceleration, and other differentiation.

Last edited by st pauli girl; 03/04/14 05:21 PM.