We had a math online tutor ( for enrichment ) and he refuses to teach my son any moe math , as he says that my son will get bored all the way till high school !
Some may say it sounds like the tutor knows the educational system is broken as evidenced by schools being unresponsive to a child's readiness and ability... often not accelerating when indicated.

Surely my son can do better with acquiring more knowledge and more practice - I say !
Agreed! Here is an analogy: If a child liked broccoli (and broccoli is known to be healthy), would one withhold broccoli from a child who wanted more? [If one would not withhold broccoli, why withhold math?]

Mt son beat all the kids in higher math grades and beat all the kids in the region to take home a perfect score 5th grade regional Math competition . But again school is not impressed enough to move him to a higher math section.
Some may wonder whether public, private, independent, and parochial schools may be struggling to appease their largest donors who may become offended if one child is openly acknowledged to be ahead in one or more academic areas?

possibility of a child taking the school's end-of-term test to demonstrate mastery.
--> Our pvt school will eject us out of the school immediately if I even dare to ask for this :-( !!!!
Ultimately, knowing that gifted children could learn math much earlier, but are being dissuaded... in favor of one-size-fits-all education... may be a wide-spread case of appeasement of a variety of powers-that-be.