indigo. How kind of you to take the time to write to my post. I will absolutely go through all the link you have posted and learn.

1) My son enjoys school and doesn't have any social emotional issues. There are always incidences when he tell me - the kids in his class just don't understand what he is talking about. This frustrates him as he has to talk just for the sake of talk and not truly engage in an in depth conversation.

2) My son loves his English teacher ( wishes he could take her to the next school we hope to land in ) and is channeling his extra energies - left over from math - into English writing.

3) Curriculum and placement - 100% out of synch. It is pvt school and they just don't want my opinion.

4) This year we simply HAD IT and yes we have applied to 2 other schools. They may not be that far advanced in math but a change may be refreshing.

5) Yes we absolutely have a parallel home schooling going on for our son in Math and in Eng Language ( writing).... He can not have survived his school years with it,without falling off the wagon and succumbing to dumbing down effect! We had a math online tutor ( for enrichment ) and he refuses to teach my son any moe math , as he says that my son will get bored all the way till high school ! Surely my son can do better with acquiring more knowledge and more practice - I say ! Mt son beat all the kids in higher math grades and beat all the kids in the region to take home a perfect score 5th grade regional Math competition . But again school is not impressed enough to move him to a higher math section.

6) possibility of a child taking the school's end-of-term test to demonstrate mastery.--> Our pvt school will eject us out of the school immediately if I even dare to ask for this :-( !!!!

Thank you indigo. I will post for which shcool my son lands up next year and how it seems like a better fit :-)

Thank you again for your reply.