We just discovered that our daughter (age 3rd grade)is gifted and reading all that entails, I wonder about her friendship woes. Both in kindergarten and 1st grade the girls whom she declared "best friends" decided that they didn't like her. She even asked them later whey they couldn't be friends anymore which I thought was so brave. She has always been the loner on the playground. This Fall she wrote numerous books titled "How to be Popular" (she is always writing and illustrating books). I watch her in her Girl Scout troop sounding rather "know it all". It's so painful to watch. She does play well with her sister who is 1 year older, but is convinced that her older sister is better, smarter, etc than her and so ends up mad (her sister does not have the IQ that the little one has). How do people find friends or help their kid find friends? I will be looking into summer gifted activities, and she is in chess. She gets pulled out for an AG math class, but I just don't see her making friends in school. To sum it up, I feel my heart break for her. She says it's easier to be alone.