Lupine - did you see a large scatter in your dd's PRI subtests? I'm wondering if the relatively low score might be related to a vision issue. Our dd who has vision issues had a really *really* low score on one of the PRI subtests before we knew she had vision issues (that low score, combined with a really *really* low Symbol Search score under Processing Speed) were what keyed the neuropsych into her issues with vision. I'm sorry I can't remember which PRI subtest it was!

DD hasn't been retested on the WISC since her vision therapy but if she was retested, I suspect that the two subtests that were dramatically impacted by her vision issues came up to the range of her other subtest scores (that weren't heavily dependent on vision), and that in turn would most likely bring her PRI and PSI scores up into the range of her VIQ. I'm sorry I don't have her test results in front of me at the moment so I can't tell you the extent of the difference in subtest scores, but I believe it was almost 4 SD.

Best wishes,

polarbear