So the other day my DD9 came out of her psychiatrist's office wanting to go to Sonic to get a shake and since she was doing so well with all the stuff going on this week I said sure. While we are there and drinking our shakes we start talking about science and the different types of scientists. I explained that if a word ends with ology it means it is some kind of field of study, such as Biology, Archeology, Paleontology, Anthropology, etc. Her older cousin wants to become a Marine Biologist and she asked if that meant he was going to be a Marine Scientist. I said yes that's right.

Somehow this lead to a conversation on Autobiographies (Yeah I am not sure of the leap on that one either) and she asked if there was a science that studied people who wrote books about themselves? Then I had to ask her if that would be a science that studied the people who wrote the books, or the study of the books themselves because they weren't always the same thing even in autobiographies.

Which led to a discussion about the difference in how we perceive ourselves and how others perceive us. All this over shakes at Sonic on a Friday afternoon when I am already exhausted from work and being sick this week. There really is no rest for a parent of a gifted child.

Oh and on top of that she wants to enter a writing contest for the Counseling center she goes to that explains how they have helped her through her anxieties this year. Especially considering one of her anxieties revolved around writing. Suddenly she is writing all the time now. (Apparently the medication is working.)

LOL that was just one day of this crazy week. I have to say that I love seeing this happier, less stressed daughter.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor