Originally Posted by Cassmo451
When other children don't understand your child's Halloween costume, but the adults get it and think it's "awesome!"

BTW my daughter is a Jedi padawan learner and the girls at her girl scout party could not figure it out.

all kinds of YES to this... when she was 3, DD went as Terry Fox, her hero to this day. at 4, she was Hermione from HP3 (so we could make a Monster Book of Monsters as a prop)... in the gym at school last year, she had to go stand with all the other Hermiones - they were all from the (affiliated) middle school.

this year, she decided on Black Cat - it's obviously more conventional, but lobbied for a REAL pet collar from the pet store for "verisimilitude". that was a fun conversation when the associate wanted to help.

and here's my new one. you know you're parenting a gifted child when your 5 y/o is 3 pages into a letter to a pen pal and decides to switch to cursive for "a greater challenge."

also, for anyone who remembers the full on horror that was her Pre-K year... i think MY KID IS BACK! smile

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.