Our ds skipped 6th this year. He scored very high on the Iowa Assessment Scale and ironically the only points off he received were for having a sibling (though his is 24) and for social reasons. I assume for what was perceived as his social immaturity and sensitivity. As his mother, I understood that more often the issue was ds's intolerance of others' immaturity.
He has adjusted quite well into the 7th grade socially. Yes, he's a bit of a "novelty" and while he could probably go up even higher to find his maturity peers, he's not stuck in old patterns and perceptions with his old classmates.He's made some like-minded friends and he feels as if he fits right in.

So sometimes, it's not what you think. I would observe how your child is around her age peers and how she is around older kids. Does she seem more relaxed around older kids. There are other things to consider once they get older. Even though ds's grade point average is high even in his new grade, I wouldn't consider advancing him anymore unless it was subject advancement only.

Last edited by KADmom; 10/19/13 05:33 AM.