... when your fourteen year old gets off the phone, looks you in the eye and says; "WOW. Some people are really nosy and rude."

(Because the person at the college admissions office was so obnoxious about hunting down her SAT/application file and wanted to chat about her BIRTHDATE instead.)
Her: I need to find out if College Board has sent you my SAT scores, as I'll need to take care of that before the ED deadline otherwise.

Him: What's your student ID?

Her: I'm APPLYING for admission. I don't have a student ID since I'm not an enrolled student.

Him: Oh. Last name?

Firstname? Can you spell that?
Birthdate?

{lonnnnnnnnnnnng pause}

You're really young.

So are you graduating early? or-- something?

DD told me she was thinking (but did not say);

"OBVIOUSLY, genius. Thus, my polite query about my darned SAT SCORES... and whether or not College Board has sent them to you... which you have taken the liberty of IGNORING while we sit here and discuss my chronological age instead. Do you ask someone born in 1993 if they are "graduating late?" What else would you like to talk about, my race? Gender? Maybe disability or religion?"

She just got a teeeeeeensy bit more "crisp" and professional with him. She was sure steamed, though.

It's kind of sad that my 14yo knew better than a professional at the admissions office of a major university what should and should not be a topic for conversation with an applicant-- under the law.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.