Originally Posted by Mk13
I just read something that our district has on its website and we seem to be moving in a direction where they want every student to be using a laptop, ipad or tablet at school. Supposedly they tested it with our 7th graders this past spring. So my guess would be they want the kid to bring whatever is available at home and use that so the school does not have to be paying big $ for ipads or other technology nor be responsible for replacements and it will be all the kids' responsibility. Which, honestly, I'm fine with. I'd rather the kids take something they prefer that is not as expensive than the school iPads.

Our middle school doesn't have lockers and you have to use a mesh or clear vinyl back pack (talk about no support in either of those two options). Um what if you need to lock up your devise? The PE locker rooms have lockers but 99% don't use locks because the combinations are too hard to manage and they can't get help from the coaches with the locks and what is the point if you tell a friend the combination to help you with it.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary