Originally Posted by AvoCado
Ametrine, I have read online on occasion about people who insist they still remember their own births and have memories from infancy or even in the womb. Pretty interesting, but who knows?! My earliest memory is a snippet from when I was 3 and visiting my grandmother ...

i nearly drove off the road one time when DD calmly explained that her earliest memory was of being born. she said she remembered coming out into a bright room full of black stripes and then hearing my voice. it was a very bright winter day - which she could easily infer from having a Feb. birthday, but i don't think there's any way she could guess there were black venetian blinds all along the opposite wall... it's not the kind of thing one usually mentions about a hospital room?

this was years ago and she doesn't remember saying it now, but i don't think i'll ever forget that eerie feeling of wondering if it could be true!

and today's little quirk: a fully-articulated snake spine made of clamped together hair clips and secured with a "skin" made of masking tape. it literally undulates - and when DD5 demonstrated its movement, i had absolutely no idea how she had engineered it. it's so cool!

Last edited by doubtfulguest; 08/29/13 08:19 AM. Reason: tense mania

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.