I may be in the minority here, but I am very hopeful about the concept of flipped classrooms, and how it can help accelerated learners. Among the benefits of the flipped classroom are the following:

1) Each student can advance at their own pace. They can watch whichever lecture is appropriate for them, whether or not a single other student in their class is ready for it.

2) The lectures can be rewound and the explanation of difficult concepts can be watched again and again until the student understands, or formulates the appropriate question to ask in school the next day.

3) There can be different video lectures that teach the same concept done by different teachers with different styles. Some teachers may like to do hands-on demonstrations, while others use visuals, and others talk it out. With lectures done in many different styles, students can identify their preferred style, but watch presentations in other styles when concepts are difficult to grasp in their usual style.

4) None of the video lecturers should be particularly bad. The same can't be said about every classroom teacher. FWIW, I don't think Khan is a very good lecturer, and his videos could certainly benefit from more planning, and editing. (This is my opinion based on videos a bit more advanced than anything a gradeschooler would be watching, though.)

5) I got interrupted and lost my train of thought.