QT, those are frequently comorbid. It is precisely the sort of thing overexcitabilities exists as a term to describe. Though, particularly i this context, I'm thikning I don't like the "over" part. That kinda implies a flaw rather than a state of being.

Though not framed in the terms of a myth, I'd add:
For the teacher, that kid staring off into space may not be inattentive but may rather be attentive to a degree you can't imagine. They aren't just learning about that one event in history, but are contemplating the implications of it to other situations and future events and what other information they might like to expand on in that context. Give them space to do it, they are self motivated to accomplish what should be the highest aspiration of teaching. Enabling is easier than controlling.

Gifted people aren't just full of internal richness, but often experience the world in richer detail with a greater awareness of emotions, sounds, visual distractions, smells, etc. Be aware of the sort of distractions that may keep some kids from operating at their appropriate level.

The People is an interesting movie from 1972.