We're starting the "Writing With Ease" homeschool writing course. I gave my five year old the book with the page open to copy the sentence, "The deer and the rabbits would be shy and swift." He took over an hour. The teacher at school said he wasn't doing his work she gave him so every so often I said, "Come on. Don't take all day. Why do you have to be told a hundred times to do your work. The teacher's not going to tell you a hundred times. If you have to do your work just do it." (He's a staller on a lot of things.)
He finally got it done. I started to read the "explain to your student" part- these sentences are from the book Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingles Wilder about a family in Wisconsin...
He said, "I know. I already read that part." I said, which part? He pointed to the whole two pages. Oh. He took so long writing the sentence because he was busy reading about how to teach kids grammer. lol

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar