Originally Posted by mamabird
I still keep thinking that maybe it will slow down and I am worrying about nothing. (Anyone smelling some serious denial)

Yes, yes, yes. *raises hand, waving wildly* Ahem.

The school thing absolutely scares me to death. To. Death. For all the reasons Kriston went into.

Right now, I work full-time and Graham goes to a Goddard School...which is an private daycare/school that is NOT entirely play based. They do a bit of academic curriculum with the kids and actually have a certified private Kindergarten. I have met with the directors and we have had very frank discussions about Graham. They seem confident that they and their teachers can do a differentiated curriculum for him beginning this fall (they are about to go into Summer Camp mode which is play and field trips and not much academics at all). The school tells me that they had a GT student go through their Kindergarten class several years ago and have had experience doing differentiated plans for GT kids. My plan is to ask for that student's parents name/number and try and talk with them about their child's experience at this school.

It's all so overwhelming and school decisions seem so far away, but they are not at all. I need to wrap my brain around the fact that he's not my wee baby anymore and figure out what to do.

It's overwhelming.