So, there are people who are charming and unaware of it, it is just highly tuned automatic responses coupled with strong awareness of others. Then there are people who are charming and aware of it and everything they do. What is that line and is an individual with that level of awareness responsible for the potential to manipulate?

You meet a stranger and smile or you meet a stranger and think I should smile and then smile. Is there a difference?

I've struggled with this question and faulted in the other direction. Mostly because I grew up with a manipulative father, and it really is something that is hard to push past suspicion. One day when I was a teenager he was so proud of some long running manipulation he did at work and was telling me about it.. and it was a relief to have that confirmation.

DS7 will do little manipulations and I've found less meltdowns and good progress by speaking directly to it without accusation. Like: "Ooh, yeah, that's not working... would you rather try a conversation or just write off the failure?"