Originally Posted by MegMeg
What if I'm making a terrible mistake???

Hmm. Here are some random thoughts.

1. I read through some of your old posts on this subject. It looks like you've considered this idea pretty carefully for a long time. Great!

2. It's a very small school. My kids went to very small schools for a while, and for them at least, it was a wonderful experience (now the two youngest go to a "big" school with around 125 kids in preK-8). The school you've described sounds big enough that there will be a solid number of kids in your daughter's class, yet the numbers will be a long way from inhibiting individualized attention.

3. Your daughter's experiences with the pre-school sound, err...sub-optimal. How bad are those problems compared with the unknown of a mid-year grade skip?

4. How does your daughter feel about all this?

5. Grade skips can seem weird and even scary at first. You're moving into unknown territory and going against the conventional wisdom. It feels strange (yet exhilarating). I know; I've been there. smile Try to remember that your daughter isn't like most other kids, and therefore, the conventional wisdom may not apply to her. Also, little kids tend to be quite accepting in situations like this. If the grownups said that Hanni should be in this class, they must be right. Hi, Hanni! This is where we put our coats! Wanna play?

The only way you can know if the skip will work is to try it. Everything else is just speculation.

Last edited by Val; 12/06/12 08:35 PM.