I'm sorry that I completely missed this post up until now. I'm in CO as well. Just so you know, ALPs are rarely written in K b/c the schools often state that they don't yet have all of the data to support a GT identification that soon. Often the approach is to given everyone the CogAT or some other group test in 3rd grade and then use that combined with achievement scores to decide who they deem gifted. Depending on your district, they may also throw in all kinds of other things to support a GT id if the CogAT or achievement scores don't meet the 95th percentile in one area state requirement.

While the state does offer broad guidelines for identifying and serving gifted students (http://www.cde.state.co.us/gt/download/pdf/GT_ECEARules_July2012.pdf), it looks rather different from place to place and, honestly, I wouldn't hold out massive hope that an ALP will be a silver bullet. I recall when my dd14 was in 2nd grade and I thought that coming in with WISC-IV (IQ) and WJ-III (achievement) scores would solve everything: they'd realize what they were dealing with and now meet her needs. Instead, the district GT coordinator told me, and I quote, "highly gifted students don't last long in the public school system. Have you considered homeschooling?"

We've made public schools work reasonably well for dd, but it has involved a few school switches, a grade skip coupled with her already being the youngest in grade pre-skip, subject acceleration on top of the skip, placement in pre-AP/honors/GT classes (depending on what was available that year), and extracurriculars that met her specific interests.

ALPs we've seen work somewhat and we've seen be nothing but words. Last year, for instance, my dd12 (who has PG VCI scores on the WISC-IV) had the same language arts ALP goal as did her entire LA class: improve vocabulary. There was no intervention on the school's behalf and no pre and post test. As I pointed out to them, dd consistently tests in the 99th-99.9th percentile on vocab (she's taken the WISC twice and other achievement tests with vocab measures). What, exactly, were they aiming to improve especially if the onus what entirely on her to make the improvements? The kid is also 2e and doesn't read a lot b/c she gets headaches, words move on the page, etc. so it was unlikely that she was going to pick up words on her own through extracurricular reading.

In your instance, I'd see if you can get IQ or other ability scores to pair with those WJ scores you posted on your other thread. Then I'd look into a grade skip for next year (put her in 2nd in the fall) if you're going to keep her in public school. We homeschooled for a bit in elementary, but I also had decent luck once we realized what we were dealing with by personally interviewing all of next year's teachers and being pushy to make sure that we got the one we wanted.

Unfortunately, getting ps to work often entails work every year to get the right teacher fit as well as acceleration moreso than just finding the right school. I've found that the "right school" often doesn't exist for HG+ kids where no extra work is needed on my part.