Originally Posted by mountainmom2011
This all said, I don't know how she would score on the WJ-III. It is based on things that are learned academically and if she isn't being/hasn't been instructed at an advanced level I doubt her results would be in the same percentiles as her WISC. And I know in the past comparing ability (IQ) to achievement has been a basis for determining if a learning disability is present. I seriously doubt she has a learning disability so would she be inaccurately diagnosed to have one b/c of a discrepancy?

Do highly gifted kids still score high on the WJ despite no acceleration unless there is a learning disability?
No guarantees, of course, but FWIW, my dd13 scored very highly on the WJ-III at age 7 despite no advanced instruction. The writing portion was at grade 18+ and the reading part a bit lower, but pretty close to that. She had had virtually no instruction at all in reading or writing up to that point b/c all they'd taught in school was phonics, reading early reader books as a group, and maybe some very minimal writing instruction, but nothing beyond basic punctuation and spelling.