My kids are strange. (lol). They're hot and cold... early and late.

My daughter knew the alphabet COLD at 16 months (I'd ask for letters and she'd point to them) before she ever said a single word (24 months). She was writing letters (26 months) before she was potty trained (28 months). She could read and write complete sentences, add, subtract and multiply, at 3 yrs, before she was able to play with other kids (4ish). She demonstrated conscious motor control of her hands at 5 days old, yet never crawled, and walked at 13 months.

I still don't know how she learned to tell time (is that bad? lol). She just "already could" in grade 1. I have no idea who taught her (I'm referring of course to hands on a clock, not a digital display).

My son, meanwhile, said NOTHING until 24 months, at which point he started naming all the letters of the alphabet. At 1 yr, he was obsessed with how toys worked and liked to try and take them apart. At 2 (after he started talking), he counted everything in site (up to about 10 or 15). He had advanced ability for puzzles and mazes, but didn't walk until 15 months. He has a language processing disorder, and yet was sounding out 3 letter words at 3 yrs old.

It goes on and on. (you know :-) It's late, I'm tired and I know I'm forgetting stuff.

Anyway, I stopped referring to those baby milestone books because they never made any sense. I'm to the point now where I have no idea what's normal ;p