Emotionally apathetic, surprisingly I like the way you phrased that. Mild depression, loss of zest and zeal, those are external intrusions. Emotional apathy sounds like more something I might can work on. Words are so funny how they get the point across.

Oddly, it might be that a lot of these skills, communication, mental flexibility, spontenaity, might benefit from reading more fiction novels. I used to read a lot of fiction and I had a sharper mind. Now I'm reading a historical fiction called "The Discoveries of Mrs. Christopher Columbus: His Wife's Version". Her way of viewing things is so very different from mine, but I can see it her way for the point of the story. I feel like the reading experience greased my rusty cogs upstairs a little. I wondered why I haven't read good fiction in so long when i always used to love to. I think there might have been more benefit to reading than just "making time for myself". It might re-light what was quick witted.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar