Okay, I have to admit that I only read through page 3 of this thread, so maybe my question has already been answered. If so, please direct me to the right place.

I have considered homeschooling but my husband is opposed to it because my son (6 1/2) and I tend to butt heads quite a bit and I really do need some time on my own to accomplish my work (you know, housework, paying bills, etc) and also just for myself. Have any of you dealt with this? How do you do it? I just can't see myself with my son 24/7. My husband's work schedule is not at all flexible, so it would all fall on my shoulders. Speaking of which, I have physical problems and have to exercise regularly (water aerobics) and to to physical therapy twice a week. I just don't know how I'd do it all and stay sane.

If we did it, we would probably start with an "unschooling" approach, just doing things that really interest him, like Roman and Greek Numerals and Acids and Chemistry.

Any thoughts on staying sane, educating a kiddo, and getting your own work and private time fit into a day?