Originally Posted by master of none
Sometimes I think that dd needs us to do this because her education and emotional health are at stake, but when I think about it, I can't imagine my dd is so different. She doesn't look different. She's not doing calculus or college level work. There are plenty of smart kids. Everyone else can deal with the system, why should mine get special treatment? It's hard to know whether my reluctance to advocate is based on fear or if it's because she's really not this smart and doesn't need it.

Congratulations MoN,
A Math adjustment after an email? Do you know how lucky you are? Congradulations!

I'm so praying that you get a little chance to enjoy the peace and coast, but I will reccomend that you sign your children, (both) up for IQ testing. Compared to the unusually gifted kids, there are lots of moderatly gifted kids and tons of bright ones - and your daughter's personality is such that it really really matters to her that you and the school get it right. So - use your period of calm to scrape those pennies together and get an appointment with a tester. Sure, theoretically, if the school is flexable enough, you don't need testing, but I think that there is a good chance that you will be able to move forward more comfortably as a parent after testing than without it!

If you want, send me a Private Message about where you live, and I'll see if I have 'heard good things' about any private testers near you.

Much Love and Luck,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com