What tests: WISC III (5.5 year old) for gifted school application. WISC IV and WJ-III (7.5 years old) for DYS and SCAT for JHU CTY summer programs.

What questions you had in mind: My dd has always been tested as requirements of a program/school. I think I have always known she is gifted. She has what I call an "old soul".

What you learned: That she is even more gifted than I thought and that I will never really "get" the way her brain works.

My dd has been tested by the same psychologist in all instances. The psychologist came to our home for the first test and allowed me to be a silent observer. I had told my dd that this nice lady was coming to play and do puzzles with her (my dd loves puzzles). She was waiting for her at the door! The psychologist doing the testing is very familiar with gifted children. My dd was very comfortable around her. The testing experiences have always been positive and ideal (nice knowledgeble tester, good health, rested/fed child, cooperative child, etc).

DD is currently in a great fit academically. She is moving ahead so fast academically (specially in math) that sometimes I need to look at the numbers and realize that is ok. She is really capable of doing what she is doing.