Welcome MON! grin

I'm not able to offer the kind of personal advocacy experience you need. However, it sounds like you're feeling low and that's something I can relate to. Please know you're more than welcome to vent here. It's nice to have people, who are removed from the situation, contribute different perspectives. As someone who researches the heck out of something, before making a decision, I appreciate this.

If it helps to cheer you up -- I'm also a painstakingly slow eater and reader. + I like to put french fries in bean burritos and dip it in BBQ sauce. laugh

I understand questioning your perception of your child's abilities (i.e. is he/she really that smart?), but I'm willing to bet your gut instinct is right about your child. Sometimes you have to turn down the background noise >>"Those parents are sure of themselves, and they don't see my kid as all that special."<<

I'm also sorry that you may have to gear yourself up for an advocacy challenge. This is where others here can really help (e.g. brainstorm questions, try a dry-run of your advocacy plan/speech, etc.).

Best Wishes!
Ann