Originally Posted by Grinity
Kickball,
I'm asking to get an idea if there is a large amount of spikiness in the profile, 'Ansychrony' in other words. Are his reading and math skill more similar to a K kid or a first grader? Grinity

if you break it verbal/processing speed/coding. the assesser remarked of her verbal that she'd ceilinged out. her processing speed was in the gt range but not in the 140s. coding as a specific was her lowest at 'above average' apparently she kept explaing she knew what he wanted but it was better her way and developed some story for whatever this non-verbal piece of assessment is.

so a yes and no to your question. it isn't like she isn't gifted in all areas. but she isn't "highly gifted" in all areas like her big sister. and we are holding off on achievement testing until closer to summer to give her newly developing reading skills a chance to go one way or another. I'm not sure how I'd grade level her without an achievement test.... I can say she clearly has pre-reading skills - is quasi-reading dick and jane level... she counted out her snakc by 2s the other day... she can draw better than her older sister... and she just explained to pre-school class last week that mosquitos breed in stagnate water, carry malayria, but that frozen water isn't the same as stagnate.

your question hits on the one bit of data I worry about because the assessor made a big stink about how much schools would love dd#1's processing speed because it demonstrates they can move through one thing and into the next with focus. dd#2 could give the clintons a run for the money in a debate. but can she listen, do, and move on with the chance of talking. to some extend - observing a half day program will help I just don't know if she isn't ready or if it is because I'm comparing her to her mature sister.