http://twentytwowords.com/2011/03/1...e-if-youre-having-a-rational-discussion/

There's this flowchart on "having a discussion".  The first part had me stumped.  "can you envision anything that will change your mind on this topic".  

How can you change something that's never in a fixed position?  I was told talking to me was like watching twenty ping pong games going on at once.  I've settled down since then.  But why or how would I have to change my mind if I'm not stuck in a belief to start with.  

Well.  I don't have a belief about if gifted babies are alert or ND babies aren't alert.  I've got a lot of ideas.  I read that human babies are unique because if you rustle leaves near a baby deer he'll startle, but you can run a chainsaw next to a baby human and they'll continue nursing, as long as the mother doesn't act startled.
Of course that's not always true.  Like I said, I don't have beliefs.  I have thoughts.  So I don't know how to have a conversation if I can't change my mind if it was never made up to start with. 

Speaking of babies.. I hope mine's finally going to bed.  Her molar started breaking through and gave her two nights of pukey fevers.  Now it's taking a break, but she's got her days & nights mixed up.  There's more to come since they didn't break all the way through.  I've been dreading this.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar