Originally Posted by master of none
But then I see what she'd miss, things that I had no idea she'd enjoy, and I think she's better off in school. Dd goes back and forth too.
We are thinking about trying it for the summer.

I've had these same thoughts, master of none. And that fear of taking those things away from my DD6 is HUGE. I'm not where you are (yet?) because my DD6 seems happy right now and isn't complaining. Confidence has been an issue for us, too, as well as overexcitabilities, but her teacher makes her feel like she's the most important kid in the class. DD6 has blossomed in certain areas because of her teacher, although I don't think she's being stretched in any subject other than maybe her reading & writing.

But I think about HSing every single day, especially because we have a university model school in our suburb that's becoming very popular. There DD6 could choose certain classes and pay for them by the class, just like in college. Elementary-aged kids go T/Th, then are home on MWF to do their work, projects, independent study, or whatever. When kids are older, they can participate in sports and activites, competing against other private schools here in Texas. So it's many of the benefits of regular school with lots of time with me for extras. It sounds pretty good, right? Yet I'm still not "there."

If your DD doesn't get what she needs, though, then certainly that fear won't hold you back in the end. You know her best, and I have no doubt that you'll make the right decision after you've balanced everything. Certainly if you decide to homeschool, there are some amazing people on this board who will be very glad to help you. And fortunately there are also a lot of amazing people who have navigated the waters of public school accommodations who can help too.