Hi Master of None,

Highly charged children, I have to smile you are talking my language. My youngest daughter is five and sounds very similar to yours. We are definately having a confidence issue with her right now. And everything you have said about your DD applies to mine.
First, yes, I think you should have her tested if you are so inclinded. Both of our daughters were administered IQ tests (wisc for DD8 when she was 7, wppsi for DD5 when she was 4) and by a psychologist who specializes in gifted kids. I think this specialization may be important for you DD because what you are describing can be confused as ADHD in gifted children.
I think this is the best, but most expensive option. However, you can check with insurance to see if it is covered. If you lean in that direction, PM me and I will give you details on how I approached it with the insurance company.
My DD has what is called overexcitabilites. I hesitate to post just one link because there is tons of info and it might be helpful to look through it yourself. Try googling overexcitabilites, Dabrowski. Maybe you will see some descriptions that remind you of your daughter. It can be difficult for kids. I kind of liken my DD5 as a tricycle with a race car engine.
I actually have her see the child psyd. who tested her twice a month to help her learn to cope with these excitabilites, she can be quite intense and I want her to have more help than I had when I was her age. smile
Her test scores combined with the fact that she is getting help outside of school has really helped with the school.
I started with her teacher who basically ignored all attempts to help her in class. Finally we had a meeting with the principal, school psychologist and teacher. That's when I really feel we have started to make progress.
They were all very professional and expressed a desire to help her. We all came up with a plan that will be reasonable for her and I found them to be very accomodating.......I'm waiting to see how it all pans out.
One step at a time, I'd test to see what you are dealing with. You can't tell the future, you can't always predict if will be a crisis child. Just follow your instinct and try to help her the best you can...I can tell you there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I can see it myself. smile
Keep us posted and much good luck to you!!

Incog