Dave,

This board has been a truly special place on the net, and I would like to see it remain that way.

In the past people disagreed, but it was always a respectful debate and if another poster was offended, the usual answer was a simple apology. I tell my children that an apology that contains the word "but" is not sincere. If you hurt someone's feelings, intentionally or not, "sorry" is appropriate. Your long winded explanations did not serve to soothe, but rather to inflame. Can you see how the replies escalated as you continued to beat that poor horse?

I enjoy your point of view, and hope that you will continue to post here. I *like* you! I think you have a lot to share with the group. But if you really want me to be honest, you remind me of my son who has Asperger's, in that he often gets into the same sort of endless discussions that end up one sided and sounding like a rant. He simply does not know when to quit.

I apologize for being so blunt, and I do not hold you solely to blame for the negativity. But since you addressed me here, I thought I would respond.