I guess I would wonder too what the gifted program provides? Is it something worth fighting for? In our prior school, it was cluster classroom (7 GT identifed with other variety of levels in the classroom - about 25 total in the class) with 4 enrichment after school prgrams a year. Oh, and 20% of the kids were IDed as gifted, so that would not be something I would have been willing to fight for had I needed to. This year, he goes to a HG school. We had to get outside testing to apply because it is in a neighboring district, but they do test all of the district 2nd graders using the WASI and if he would not have qualified with that, I might have worked harder to determine why. Anyway, the point is just to say is this GT program worth fighting for?

You may still want additional IQ/Achievement testing if you are unsure where you DD is as it can be used to request something different for her. I agree with OPs that if she is saying she is bored and that her ideas are different, she probably needs something different that what is happening in her regular classroom and if you can get it from the GT program, you should try.