happyreader -

I am new here (today) but also have a DD8, she complained about the same thing. First it was math, "Mom, I know I'm in the wrong class... can you change it?" My poor daughter, I laughed when she said that b/c I knew they wouldn't just change it because I asked.
I encouraged DD to talk to the guidance counselor herself. She was soooo miserable and DID walk herself down to guidance and said her peace. While on the outside, she looked happy and fine on the inside she was sooo unhappy in school. She began getting stomach aches, first daily, then hourly and she would escape to the nurses any time she was not feeling challenged.

They did change her math class - they tested her when I mentioned we were considering homeschooling as I could no longer take the stress that she was dealing with on a daily basis - it was sooo sad. Once math changed, she shared with me that language arts, social studies and basically everything else ("Mom, we read these books three times in a week and they are books I read a long time ago."). The repetition was painful for her.

The school definitely took things more seriously when she came in herself and shared her issues with them. Ultimately, our local PS didn't have a solution that worked for DD. We are back to homeschooling and she is as happy as can be - finally. Although, it took a solid month to get my happy daughter back. If you are able to homeschool, it is a wonderful option but I know it isn't available to everyone.

I know I don't really have suggestions but I just want you to know you aren't alone and I feel for you and your daughter. Blessings to you all!
~Christine

~ Christine smile
Homeschooling DD in PA